Mill Gate dominates Bury town centre, comprising 450,000 sq ft of covered space including 150 shop units. In addition it has one of the main car parks for the town. Immediately adjacent to the scheme is the world famous Bury Market, one of the most visited markets in the UK. The bus station and tram station are also adjacent to the scheme, along with the main Council offices and student Colleges of Bury.
Footfall is over 13 million a year and key tenants include B&M Bargains, TJ Hughes, Boots, New Look, Peacocks, WHSmith, Waterstones and F Hinds.
- Bury has a population of 182,000
- Economic Activity is higher than Greater Manchester, Regional & National averages
- Educational attainment is above the national average with a higher proportion of students achieving A to C in GCSE results
- High proportion are graduates
- Unemployment rate is consistently the lowest in Greater Manchester
- There are over 6,000 businesses in Bury (employing 57,500)
- 1-in-4 people work in banking, finance and insurance sectors
- Greatest employment increase is in creative industries - media, advertising and PR
Mall Retail and Exhibition Space
With more than a million visitors a month, Mill Gate offers excellent commercial opportunities for businesses.
There are a number of Retail Merchandising Units in the malls from where goods and services can be sold, while there are also opportunities for using mall space for displays and exhibitions.