We do not allow any photography and filming other than that outlined as acceptable in our policy below.
General photography and filming policy.
We want our visitors to enjoy the shopping experience and we are happy for you to take photographs and film your family and friends at the Mill Gate Shopping Centre. However, we also need to protect the security and privacy of staff, retailers, and members of the public at our privately owned centre. Below explains what kinds of photography and filming you are and are not allowed to do at Mill Gate Shopping Centre.
The kinds of photographs / filming you can and cannot take.
- You may take photographs of and film (i) your family and friends (ii) other people who give you their express permission and/or (iii) the shopping centre[s] generally (i.e. the public areas of the building[s] and architecture, but not the non-public areas of the building[s] or our security systems and procedures).
- Such photographs and films must only be taken in public areas and be for your personal, private, non-commercial and lawful use, and must otherwise comply with this policy. If you want to take photographs or make films for commercial purposes or for purposes other than your own personal and private use (this includes uploading to social media, video sharing and streaming platforms) you must first obtain our permission.
- We ask that you respect other people’s privacy, you must not photograph or film people who are not your family or friends unless they have given their express consent. We understand that other people may appear in the background of photographs, this is acceptable as long as those other people are not the focus of the photograph or film and you have not deliberately included them.
- You cannot take photographs or films in an individual store (e.g. a shop or restaurant) or of their store frontage without their individual permission.
- You may not under any circumstance take photographs or film any member of the Mill Gate’s security, cleaning, customer services, maintenance or management team without their explicit permission.
Photography and filming at organised activities.
- You are welcome to take photographs of and film events run by the shopping centre (for example celebrity appearances, fashion shows, Christmas, and children's themed holiday events) and the people involved in them. This policy still applies to those photographs and films so, you must not include people who are not your friends or family without their permission, and you must not make commercial use of the photographs and films.
- There will be a higher level of photography and filming at our events, so other people may feature in the background of your photographs and films (and you may feature in other people’s photographs and films). If you do not wish to be filmed / photographed please let a member of the Mill Gate team know in advance.
Protecting the security of the centre and respecting people’s privacy.
- The Mill Gate Shopping Centre is privately owned and the area it covers is private property, therefore we are required to protect the security and respect the privacy of our teams, retail staff and members of the public at the centre. As such, our security staff may approach and question any member of the public who we reasonably suspect is taking photographs or filming in breach of this policy and ask to see the photographs or films of those people to check if they comply with this policy.
- You will be asked to stop filming / taking photographs and may be asked to leave the centre if you are found to not be complying with our filming and photography policy.
Consent to photograph and/or film at our shopping centre.
- The Mill Gate Shopping Centre is privately owned and the area it covers is private property and If you wish to take any photographs, film or record for commercial (business purposes) or non-private use (non-personal photography / filming includes uploading to social media sites such as Facebook etc., Video sharing platforms ) or for use not permitted in this policy, you must first ask permission from Mill Gate Centre Management and you will be required to sign a copy of our Commercial Photography / Filming Policy.
- We do not tolerate any abusive or aggressive behaviour to our teams, store teams or visitors and this may result in you being asked to leave.